Location: Kingston and Twickenham
Company: Achieving for Children
Hours: 14.4 hours a week. Flexible hours.
Salary: £22,956 – £24,999 per annum pro rata
Date Posted: 23/08/18 Closing Date: 05/09/18
We are looking for a Business Support Officer – Level 1 to join one our teams at a time of exciting and positive change. We currently have a fixed term vacancy in the Business Support Service, based with Education Welfare and Reintegration Support Service.
As Business Support Officer you will be responsible for
- Providing high level administrative support to the School Deregistration.
- Collating and quality assuring data returns from Schools
- Input of data onto master deregistration database
- Acting as a liaison point between schools, partner organisations and Achieving for Children
To be Business Support Officer – Level 1 for AfC, you will be passionate about making a positive difference to the lives of children and young people as well as demonstrating the following points
- Experience of working in Children’s Service environment
- Experience of working in a business support capacity providing administrative support
- Experience of providing meeting support including taking complex minutes
- Experience of updating and maintaining databases
In return, we will offer you high quality support and development opportunities. Our learning and development offer was highlighted as a key strength by the judging panel when they named us Social Work Employer of the Year in 2016.
If you would like to find out more about this exciting opportunity, please contact Jabed Hussain at email@example.com for an informal discussion.
Benefit of working for Achieving for Children
As a social enterprise owned by three local authorities (Kingston, Richmond and Windsor & Maidenhead), we offer the freedoms of a social enterprise with the employment benefits of local government. We offer a range of excellent staff benefits, including generous annual leave entitlements, cycle to work scheme, annual season ticket loan, childcare vouchers, and discounts on a range of local shops, restaurants, gyms and leisure centres and much more.
The successful candidate will have access to;
- Excellent learning and development opportunities and schemes of support
- A competitive and desirable retention package (to include a generous local government pension scheme)
- Retention of continuous service benefits, for those moving from a local government post
- A clear progression path when key qualification milestones are reached
- Tools and models to support practice, including Signs of Safety
- Reflective supervision from an experienced management team
You will find out more about our organisation at https://www.achievingforchildren.org.uk
How to apply
Before applying please refer to the role profile and ensure you meet the essential criteria. You will then need to complete the online application, adding a supporting statement addressing how you meet the criteria outlined on the role profile. Some of our positions require CV only.
Achieving for Children is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All candidates will be required to undertake a Criminal Record Check. The possession of a criminal record will not necessarily prevent an applicant from obtaining this post, as all cases are judged individually according to the nature of the role and information provided. However, should you not declare an offence that is subsequently revealed, e.g. through the DBS check, then this may place your appointment in jeopardy.
For more information and details on how to apply, please CLICK HERE