Company: Richmond upon Thames College
Hours: 28 hours per week, 42 working weeks per year
Salary: £16,579 to £18,062 per annum inclusive of London Weighting
Date Posted: 03/10/17 Closing Date: 15/10/17
Richmond upon Thames College is currently recruiting for a Department Administrator Supervisor.
The succsseful candidate will be an experienced administrator with the ability to supervise and coordinate the work of others in a team. The role is to provide an administrative support to the Curriculum teams as well as overlook the work of other administrators.
This is a part time role, 28 hours per week, 42 working weeks per year. The salary we offer is £16,579 to £18,062 per annum inclusive of London Weighting.
- To prioritise, communicate and supervise the work of the department administration team and ensuring that adequate standards are maintained, allocating and delegating tasks as appropriate.
- To train and develop the department administration team in the systems and processes required of them andconduct performance management reviews.
- To act as first point of contact for curriculum teams, including: respond to enquiries on the telephone, in person or by email in a professional manner; carrying out routine administrative task and be responsible for the ordering of equipment, stationery and books etc.
- To use all IT programmes (such as Pro-Suite & Symmetry) as directed by the Curriculum Manager or Curriculum Director.
- To support curriculum teams to update tracking systems
o To record enrichment on ILPs
o To raise purchase orders for curriculum teams
- To use the College’s Information Systems to access student information to contact students and parents.
- To create, use and maintain databases/spreadsheets according to the needs of the curriculum
o To use the timetabling and rooming systems
o To use the staff utilisation system (Quantum)
- To liaise with cross College / external bodies as required by the curriculum
o Student Records in relation to any enrolment or attendance issues
o Exams in relation to any learner registration, exam entries and/or results issues
o Other departments within the College e.g. Health & Safety, Estates and IT to support and assist the curriculum
o Awarding Bodies on curriculum matters.
- To assist with the organisation of Department or external meetings including producing agendas and taking notes or minutes during hours to be flexibly agreed with the curriculum.
- To manage in conjunction with the Curriculum Managers cover for absent staff and ensure that HR and Students are notified of any staff absences.
- To undertake project work, which may include booking venues/refreshments for events; assisting with the organisation of exhibitions of student work or performances; administration for educational visits and work experience; classroom and corridor displays etc.
- To maintain confidentiality at all times in respect of Department-related matters and to prevent disclosure of confidential and sensitive information.
- To be part of the rota to cover Reception duties when required.
- To carry out tasks and duties as may be reasonably required by the Curriculum Managers or Directors.
Read the full job description: HERE
How to Apply
For more information or to apply for the role please visit the RUTC website and complete their online application – CLICK HERE