Learning & Development Business Partner
Hours: Open to flexibility
Date Posted: 28/02/17 Closing Date: Unknown
Haymarket Media Group creates award-winning specialist content for international audiences. We have over 70 market-leading brands across the UK, US, Asia, India and Germany, connecting people and communities across digital, print, festivals, awards, conferences, and exhibitions. Our brands include Stuff, FourFourTwo, What Car?, PistonHeads, Campaign, PRWeek, MyCME and Finance Asia.
The L&D team works across the UK business. The L&D BP will report directly into the Head of Learning and Talent and will be responsible for the continuous development and implementation of an innovative L&D strategy in line with business priorities. The L&D BP is supported by a L&D coordinator.
The L&D BP will deliver their own specialist content as well as partner with niche external suppliers ensuring that training and development needs are prioritised and met across a wide range of streams including Management Development, Personal Development, Sales, Editorial, Events and Technology.
The L&D BP will also provide support to the Head of Learning and Talent on the facilitation and implementation of a variety of people projects across Haymarket Media Group.
We welcome applications from people seeking full time or flexible hours.
Training Needs Analysis, Design & Delivery
- Responsible for creating, driving and evaluating Haymarket’s core learning offer including content, supplier management, budget management and marketing and communication.
- Analyse the learning and development needs of the business, identifying skills gaps and capabilities
- Use a mixture of internal and external facilitators to develop and deliver innovative learning and development activities across all skill and behavioural programmes, induction, mentoring, and e-learning initiatives
- Manage the core management development curriculum for all people managers ensuring its connection to Haymarket’s core values and leadership behaviours. Includes managing the nomination process, providing 360 feedback and 1:1 coaching.
- Deliver workshops and facilitate team events on topics such as team effectiveness, strategy road maps and engagement action planning.
- Support the on-boarding process for new hires including the facilitation of new-hire induction and management of the first 90 day process.
- Lead the learning technology solutions across Haymarket. Maximising the use of technology for learning and training delivery.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of learning and development solutions; demonstrating ROI and making recommendations.
- Develop a PSL of business coaches and soft/technical training providers, ensuring a good cultural fit to Haymarket.
- Benchmark and research best practices within the L&D and the wider media industry, related to talent management and training.
- Build and develop strong relationships with all relevant internal stakeholders.
- Translate business strategy and desired business outcomes to training needs and solutions.
- Support line managers to coach, mentor and support their teams.
- Manage, track and report on all training spend in the business.
Build the L&D Brand
- Innovative contribution to the ongoing development and promotion of the L&D strategy.
- Proactively look at ways to embed Haymarket’s learning culture by improving knowledge sharing and best practice across the business.
- Proactively look at different ways and medium to communicate the L&D strategy and workshops.
- Thrive in a fast-paced, progressive environment.
- Have a proven track record in identifying and delivering relevant and dynamic L&D solutions that address business challenges.
- Have a proven ability to establish fast professional credibility and confidence through having an open and collaborative approach.
- Have a proven ability to work autonomously.
- Be passionate about your subject matter.
- Be able to think on your feet, contribute to wider business discussions and enjoy coming up with creative solutions. You will be a self-starter who is motivated by making a real difference to our people.
- Be used to juggling a number of projects at any one time, prioritising accordingly to ensure you extract the most value for your efforts.
- Act with integrity in our all your dealings, maintaining discretion and diplomacy at all times. You will act as an advocate for L&D across the business, in all interactions you have.
- It is vital you ‘get’ digital and its importance in our world. You will be commercially-focused, used to working with large sales and editorial teams to achieve maximum potential.
- Fully immerse yourself with your colleagues to better understand their needs and how you can help them achieve their objectives.
- Have ideally worked in media previously, supporting both Commercial and Editorial teams.
- Ideally be familiar with an Oracle based learning management system.
How to apply:
To apply, please email your CV and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line: Flexiijobs – Learning & Development Business Partner