Location: Wimbledon (with option to work from home)
Hours: 16 hours per week
Salary: £12,000 a year based on working 16 hours a week.
Date Posted: 20/01/17 Closing Date: Unknown
We are an established specialist company in the Health Outcomes measurement and consultancy industry looking for an established experienced developer to provide some support and development of our enterprise health data system. This role would suit someone with about 16 hours free per week initially which could be over several days by agreement and would be based from your home.
A locally based person in the greater South West London or Surrey area is preferred as the role would involve regular meetings and communication. The role is available immediately.
The system comprises a hosted web server with server side .net/asp use of MS SQL server. Batch & interactive data flows in and out are managed by the service including process scheduling. Outputs are html and the creation of Office & constructed PDFs.
The role includes:
- Server side and UI development – to introduce new features, improve usability and marketability
- Problem solving related to any new and existing problems as they arise
- Infrastructure management to include management of hosted server, SQL DBM, DNS, external channels & resources such as system emailing, FTP transfers, xml in and out, backups etc.
We will retain a second line support link to the original author development agency for any advice or problem solving our own developer may need and we will provide a laptop and software as required for the sole use of your work on our system.
This role may suit an experienced developer, living in the broad area who has spare time available possibly in addition to other responsibilities. We are looking to build a long term permanent relationship rather than freelance or contract employees on a project basis.
The work will be varied with an existing agenda of minor and more significant enhancements, bug fixes and occasional infrastructure tasks and DBA management.
- Minimum 5 years experience in systems development
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work reliably, independently and to meet deadlines and to the required quality standards
- The highest standards of data confidentiality and governance
- Strong organisational and analytical ability
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise responsibilities
- Strong project management skills
- A portfolio to show us your best work
- Referees required who we can speak to
Demonstrable technical skills and use experience of:
- REST APIs
- HTML/ CSS
- Visual Studio
- Entity Framework
- Angular (or similar such as React, Knockout)
Experience of and ability to support:
- Windows 2012
- Web Deploy
- Team Foundation Server
- MS SQL Server
A full job description is available. This position is permanent on a rolling annual contract.
Salary is £12,000 p.a. for 16 hours per week and is paid monthly.
We are not seeking freelancers, project contract workers, agencies or off-site resources.
To find out more, email Stuart Mathieson on Stuart.Mathieson@CoMetrica.co.uk with your brief c.v. and we can arrange a call to discuss.