Hours: Part Time/Flexible
Salary: £8.80 per hour
Date Posted: 9/01/17 Closing Date: 13/01/17
Dimensions provides evidence-based outcomes-focused support for people with learning disabilities, autism and complex needs. They are currently looking for part time Support Workers in Hampton / Hounslow area and create more opportunities for the people we support.
We offer excellent training and benefits including competitive salary and 30 days annual leave rising to 35. We’ll pay for and support you to complete the Care Certificate and offer genuine career development.
Our approach of support `Activate’ puts decision making closer to people we support by setting personalised and challenging goals with them, their families, and their staff. Our approach will involve teaching new skills and enabling people to try new experiences, which our research has proven is how measurable improvements in quality of life for people and their support teams can best be delivered. This model is proven to achieve an increase in active support and meaningful activity for people, a reduction in challenging behaviour and an increase in staff satisfaction. Over 60% of staff working with the `Activate’ model reported an increase in the quality of their working life.
What you can expect from a Support Worker role:
- Helping people to shop for things they wish to buy including their clothes and food, and to prepare their meals as required.
- Helping people to do their housework, including cleaning and laundry.
- Supporting people to find opportunities in education, employment and leisure, and enable them to take part in these opportunities.
- Help the people we support to manage their own money.
- Supporting people with their day to day travel arrangements and holidays as required.
- Supporting people with their personal and intimate care as required. This includes supporting people to use the toilet, feed and dress themselves etc.
- Working in a supportive manner with colleagues, families and external parties, building trust by being open and honest.
- Keeping some written records, using IT systems as required to help you, including support plans, financial info and health and safety records.
Dimensions pride ourselves on being a values based employer and require Support Workers who share and can demonstrate our core values:
Ambition, helping people be the best they can be by:
- Setting personalised and challenging goals.
- Teaching new skills and encouraging new experiences.
Courage, being brave enough to make a difference
- Challenging what you feel it not in the best interest of the person you are supporting
- Championing what they want to achieve for themselves and helping to make it happen
- Helping the people we support to explore new things and support them to realise what they can achieve.
- To give confidence in reaching their goals and not be afraid of new challenges.
- To inspire innovation and support the courage to be creative
Integrity, being honest and fair in all the things we do
- Communicate clearly, adapting what you say and how you say it so that it’s meaningful for the person you’re supporting
- Exercise confidentiality when dealing with vulnerable adults, for example, financial and personal details
Partnership , working with other people to make a bigger difference
- Willing to understanding the varying needs and requirements of people with disabilities
- Develop positive working relationships with those involved with Dimensions – including those we support, families, carers, internal colleagues and external agencies
- Ability to work as part of a team
Respect, treating everyone fairly and knowing that everyone’s voice is important
- A commitment to Equal Opportunities for all
- Treat all people with dignity and respect
In return for your hard work and dedication, we offer a sector leading benefits package, more details can be found in the Careers section of our website
Want to apply for this role?
Please apply directly with Dimension my filling in an online application form on there website, which can be located HERE.
This role is subject to an enhanced DBS, the cost of which will be met by the employer.
Dimensions are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the people we support. You will be required to provide evidence of identity and eligibility to work in the UK. An enhanced DBS disclosure will be required for this role, the cost of which will be covered by Dimensions.