Part Time Finance Manager
Location: Hampton Hill
Company: African Rival
Hours: Part time, Monday to Thursday 9 a.m. to 1 p.m
Salary: £15 – £18 p/h
Date Posted: 9/01/17 Closing Date: 27/1/17
African Revival is a UK charity (registered charity no: 1108718) which focuses on providing access to quality education in sub Saharan Africa. Their UK operations are based in Hampton Hill and they are currently looking to recruit an experienced Finance Manager on a part time basis – Monday to Thursday 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Summary of Role:
Responsible for maintaining accurate recording of financial information and regular reporting of the same to Executive Director and the board of Trustees – ensuring that the charitable company remains compliant with all statutory financial regulations that apply to it.
The role includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- To be responsible for maintaining the entire accounting function of the charity using Quickbooks accounting software, both inputting financial data and preparing financial reports as requested;
- To keep up to date with statutory regulations, guidelines and best practice for the financial management of charities, ensuring that the Trustees are properly advised of their statutory responsibilities;
- To maintain, and amend where necessary, financial procedures and administrative systems to ensure accurate capture of financial information as required by statute, including cataloguing of all receipts and holding staff to proper filing of financial documents;
- To maintain proper use of charitable funds, including restricted funds, ensuring that expenditure remains within pre-approved budgets and does not outstrip income;
- To liaise with the payroll provider with regards to any changes on a monthly basis.
- To liaise with auditors to ensure that statutory obligations are met on a timely basis.
- To work collaboratively with staff in Uganda and Zambia, and any other partner organisations, speaking over the telephone and through Skype, helping them to maintain accounts and adhere to financial procedures that meet required standards for a UK charity.
- To be the principal contact with the Charity’s bank and the main administrator of the online and telephone banking.
- To liaise with bank contacts for best rates and facilitate overseas transactions;
- To process claims for Gift Aid;
- To produce, in collaboration with other staff, annual budgets, project budgets, spending authorities, cash flow projections;
- To provide regular financial reports, both verbally and in writing, to the Executive Director, Treasurer & Trustees including quarterly summary of income and expenditure, full monthly profit and loss and management accounts and cash flow projections;
What you’ll need to succeed:
- Must have prior ledger experience
- Must be flexible to work 4 days a week – Monday to Thursday
- Previous charity experience is ideal but not essential
- Previous experience on Quickbooks is ideal but not essential
- Intermediate excel
What you’ll get in return:
- Working for a worthwhile organisation
- Part of a friendly and supportive team
- Flexible hours