Hours: Part time – Monday to Friday 9.30am – 2.30pm
Salary: £10 – £13 per hour
Our Client a education establishment for young children based in Kingston is seeking a full or part time Accounts Assistant.
The role can either be Part Time Monday to Friday 9.30am – 2.30pm or full time 9am – 5.30pm.
Accounts Assistant job description:
An Accounts Assistant is an integral part of the Head Office team responsible for maintaining an efficient and accurate finance function within the business.
The Accounts Assistant is predominantly responsible for assisting the Finance department with daily accounting duties. These may vary depending on the team structure and demands of business and include liaising with the administration and Senior Management teams.
An Accounts Assistants work will include basic book keeping activities, working with sales and purchase ledgers and running calculations to ensure that records and payments are correct.
The Accounts Assistant reports to the Finance Manager.
Role, duties and responsibilities:
An Accounts Assistant will be expected to perform any of the following tasks:
- Reconciling finance accounts
- Maintaining spreadsheets
- Key data into company accounting system- Sage line 50
- Credit control & client liaison
- Working with CRM
- Helping in the preparation of Management accounts & reports
Sales invoice processing
- Managing daily post in and out
- Receiving and processing all invoices, expense forms and requests for payment, entering code financial transactions appropriately
- Checking all financial transactions for accuracy
- Verifying calculations working with the Accounts system
- Reconciliation of Bank Statements
- Managing petty cash transactions
- Maintaining required filing systems
Typical qualities of a successful Accounts Assistant include:
- Strong understanding of the workings of an office
- Basic understanding of accountancy and book-keeping
- Would hold or be working towards an AAT certificate or related accountancy qualification
- Excellent interpersonal skills – to deal with customers and external contacts
- Good organisational skills and ability to work to, and sometime implement own processes
- Good working knowledge of Sage line 50, data base and Excel
Ideal Skills and Qualifications:
- Experience with bookkeeping practices
- Knowledge of accounting terminology
- Experience with accounting systems Sage 50
- Understanding of filing systems
- Mathematical & Analytical skills
- Administrative & Data entry skills
- Organisational skills
- Attention to detail
- Knowledge of accountant rules and legislation
- Ability to detect inconsistencies
- Communication skills
For further information please CLICK HERE