Company: Cobham Free School
Hours: Part Time 0.25 FTE + 9 weeks holiday
Salary: £20,000 FTE
Cobham Free School are looking to recruit a Part Time Finance Assistant to assist the School Business Manager and Office Manager in the provision of an efficient financial support service to the school, by undertaking a range of financial, administrative and clerical support functions.
Hours for the role are flexible, however afternoons would be preferred.
- To assist with the management of the school’s online payment system, Parent Pay.
- Respond to queries from parents and other stakeholders and escalate issues to the School Business Manager as appropriate.
- To assist with debtor management and chasing up payments owed.
- Update financial records and produce information and reports as required.
- Undertake basic analysis of financial information.
- General support to the Business Manager and Office Manager in the provision of efficient financial services and office functionality.
Education and training
- Essential: Good standard of general education, including Maths and English at GCSE/O Level,
- Desirable: First degree or equivalent, entry level accounting qualification.
- Essential: Experience of working in an administrative role
- Desirable: Experience of working in a financial administration role, or evidence of knowledge of financial and accounting procedures.
Abilities and skills
- Strong communication skills, both orally and in writing.
- Strong numeracy skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to work to a high level of accuracy.
- Good ICT skills, including spreadsheets and ability to learn new systems.
- Flexible approach and able to work in a busy office environment with frequent interruptions.
- Ability to organise and prioritise own workload effectively.
- Confident team player, supportive of colleagues.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times.
Date Posted: 4/01/17 Closing Date: 12/01/2017