Extended Day Supervisor
Company: Cobham Free School
Hours: Part time, Monday to Friday 3.30 – 6pm. Term time only (34 weeks + 5.6 weeks paid holiday)
Salary: £10.50 per hour
Cobham Free School are looking to recruit an Extended Day Supervisor to be responsible for the running of Cobham Free School Extended Day, providing a safe, caring and stimulating environment for children.
The successful candidate will be expected to plan and coordinate a structured programme of activities for the children attending After School Care and supervise snack breaks for the children at set times.
They will also be expected to build partnerships with parents, carers and professionals to promote the wellbeing of the children and implement policies, procedures and practices relating to the Extended Day.
- Undertake the daily supervision of children attending After School Care, developing and maintaining high standards throughout to ensure the welfare of the children and, when required, the safe escorting of children to ensure their wellbeing at all times.
- Maintain register of children attending / leaving.
- Maintain a high standard of pupil behaviour during the sessions, to ensure the wellbeing of all the children.
- Help prepare for any inspections and action any recommendations that may result from inspection in order that the highest standards are maintained.
- Implement policies and procedures ensuring compliance with current legislation.
- Ensure all pupils have access to appropriate activities to support their physical, emotional, social and intellectual development, giving consideration to families’ ethnic, cultural and linguistic backgrounds, ensuring that the school’s Equal Opportunities Policy is adhered to.
- Report any signs of child abuse to the Head (Designated Safeguarding Lead) and help to ensure that Child Protection procedures are adhered to.
- Administer basic first aid to pupils if necessary.
- A warm, friendly and professional manner with children and adults.
- NVQ Level 2 Qualification in a relevant subject would be desirable.
- First Aid Certificate or a willingness to obtain one.
- Experience of working in a childcare setting.
- Experience of using basic technology.
- Knowledge and experience of policies and procedures relating to Child Protection, Health, Safety, Security, Equal Opportunities and Confidentiality.
Date Posted: 4/01/17 Closing Date: 9/01/2017