Part Time Website Developer
Hours: Part time hours and/or some home-working available
An exciting opportunity to join a high-tech business that is really going places, and use your web development skills to make a real contribution to their future success. Part time hours and/or some home-working can be considered for the right candidate.
Founded in 1999, UKcentric is a small, friendly but hardworking web design and marketing company based in Surbiton, Surrey. They use their cutting-edge skills and experience in website design and maintenance, SEO, Social Media, Google AdWords and eCommerce, to help their customers – SMEs throughout the UK, particularly London and the Home Counties – to Be Brilliant Online.
Reporting to the MD, this newly-created part time Web Developer role will assist in the delivery of new pages, features, and improvements to their customers’ websites, which in turn will deliver more business for the customers.
Specific tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Delivering new pages, features, plugins, stylesheets, images etc. on numerous client sites, by means of theme selection, theme development, plugin development, backup, restoration and movement of WordPress websites, SEO updates, and image creation
- Taking responsibility for the security and uptime of customer websites
- Attending face to face meetings with clients, assisting with setting and delivering web strategy, and giving advice on all matters related to web and email
- Attending training sessions, conferences, exhibitions etc. as the need arises
- Acting as the first point of contact for customers in respect of updates and issues
- Answering the telephone, assisting with technical enquiries and taking messages
- Liaising with suppliers in relation to purchases
- Supervising the Client Co-ordinator, setting priorities and monitoring progress
- Liaising closely with the Managing Director on a daily basis, to report progress and agree priorities
Both hours and place of work can be flexible: maybe 4-5 hours per day, and a combination of office-working and home-working (we would expect you in the office 2 days a week, plus Skype calls from home). In addition to all the usual bank holidays, you will also enjoy generous annual holiday entitlement including your birthday off.
To be a perfect fit for this role, you will be self-motivated, keen and willing to work to tight deadlines. You will exude confidence, and be able to multi-task and keep calm under pressure.
You must have amazing attention to detail and the patience to continually refine and review your work until perfect.
Although part of a small team, you will be working unsupervised for about half of your time, so self-discipline and great planning and organising skills are a must.
As you will be customer-facing and communicating directly with customers, you willneed to be a consummate communicator with a good telephone manner and excellent written English.
Technical knowledge and skills needed
You will have demonstrable experience in the following technologies:
- Google Analytics
You should also have knowledge of the following areas:
- Web security
Tools they use include:
Knowledge of other web technologies such as ASP.NET, C#, Microsoft SQL Server etc., will be very advantageous.
If you are looking for part time, flexiblerole which is also interesting and responsible,where you can use your technical and communication skills to really make a difference, look no further! Apply today by sending your CV and a covering letter explaining why you are the right candidate for this role to email@example.com.
Date Posted: 03/12/16 Closing Date: Unknow